Sunday 13 March 2011

Main picture ideas

I have taken a number of pictures of a friend who will be my chosen artist, I will take a few more pictures to add into my magazine and then I will eventually interview her and she will be my middle page spread.

I began by taking pictures of her just as I have seen in a number of front covers, but I found that there was no individuality, and the pictures were not very striking. I want my magazine to have lots of character and seem individual.


Then after a number of shoots I found that by using the props of the pearls my artist could express more emotions through the pictures and they seemed much more appealing and she had a sense of innocence yet the pictures were eye catching which is how I felt about the other magazines I looked at, I also found that the pearls gave me more ideas for a theme for the rest of my magazine.

I really like these pictures I took but this is my final picture for my front cover, now I need to edit it. 
I found this picture of Pixie Lott from Q magazine edition.... Which gave me my general inspiration for the use of props, as I felt that it made the picture much more striking. I think that my picture is very similar to this picture and is mainly why I am choosing to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment